How To Apply

J. Wood Platt Caddie Scholarships are based on financial need. Current monetary awards range from $1,000 to $10,000 per academic year for undergraduate students.

You may apply in the summer after your junior year of high school, or after any year you are enrolled in college. We take applications from August 1 to October 31 annually. Please only apply during this period.

Access the application by clicking  “Create An Account & Apply”  below

The J. Wood Platt stands on a foundation of three pillars.
You must meet the standards of each of these three pillars to be a J. Wood Platt Scholar. They are:


Be a highly active caddie


Have a clear financial need

Your parents cannot be members at a private golf club

The step-by-step process in applying for a J. Wood Platt Caddie Scholarship:


1 — Be enrolled, or plan to be enrolled, full-time as a degree-seeking student. We offer scholarships for up to five years, primarily to undergraduate students. For those considering graduate school, we require that you were a Platt Scholar as an undergraduate for at least two years to receive benefits as a graduate student.

2 — Complete the online J. Wood Platt scholarship application by October 31 (Click Creat an Account & Apply below).

3 — Provide a letter of recommendation from your club’s caddie master/manager, attesting to your skills as a caddie (one-page maximum). Your caddie master must also verify your rounds caddied for at least the past two seasons. We require at least 30 rounds caddied annually to be considered as a Platt Scholar.

4 — Provide a copy of your high school transcript, through the completion of your junior year. If you are already enrolled in college, supply your most recent transcript. Please note that we require a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.5 to be maintained while in college.

5 — Obtain a copy of your Student Aid Report, or FAFSA, which must include your EFC (Expected Family Contribution) score. You can access this at the link below beginning Oct. 1.

Click here to access FASFA

6 — Provide copies of your parents’ or guardian’s tax returns from the last two years.

(Please note that all of the above documents must be received by October 31.)

7 — Obtain a copy of the aid/award package being given to you by your college and send it to the Platt offices. This is a listing of all grants, loans, and scholarships that you will receive in your upcoming college academic year. You can contact the Financial Aid department of the college or university you are attending or will be attending, for a copy.

8 — Grants are announced annually in June. You will receive a letter from the Platt, mailed to your home address. Your college or university will then receive notice from the Platt, along with payment of your grant.