Golf Association of Philadelphia | Accounting | Broomall, PA
Join the team at GAP (Golf Association of Philadelphia), the nation’s oldest state or regional golf association. Headquartered in Broomall, Pa., GAP offers a competitive salary and benefits in a fun working environment. Comprised of 340 Member Clubs and over 100,000 individual members, GAP is the USGA’s Allied Golf Association in Eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware and parts of New Jersey. GAP has a full-time staff of 18 individuals and offers a flexible working environment.
About the Position:
This is a newly-created position during a period of growth and expansion at GAP. The position will be responsible for assisting the Controller with all accounting-related functions for GAP and its related companies. Entry-level and new graduates are encouraged to apply. No golf industry knowledge is necessary!
Responsibilities – Included but not limited to:
● Accounts Payable review invoices and coordinate with staff for payment approvals
● Accounts Receivable prepare customer invoices and statements for distribution
● Help customers with billing questions, past due invoices and making payments
● Assist with preparation and distribution of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports
● Prepare weekly bank deposits and deliver to nearby bank facilities
● Assist GAP staff with office-related projects
● Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred)
● Basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel or Google Docs (Required)
● Knowledge of basic accounting software systems (Preferred)
● High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
● Be able to work independently
● Strong work ethic and willingness to be a team player
● Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff
● Desire to work in accounting and grow with the company
● Must be analytical and good with numbers
● Monday to Friday, In-Office (8:30am-4:30pm – Flexible)
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time exempt position with salary commensurate with experience. Office attire is golf casual or business casual. Our benefit package includes health and life insurance as well as a 401k Plan with matching benefit after six months of continuous employment. Employees have a normal holiday schedule plus floating holidays, PTO, and Association-sponsored events included.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Accountant” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.